Thursday, June 28, 2007

mole no more

"Do you wish to hear the good news or the bad news first ?" ..asked the nurse

"Bad one first" goes my reply.

Today marks the 7th day since my mole removal surgery, also my 3rd (and probably last) visit to the National Skin Center, situated at a rough distance of ~10 min walk from Novena MRT. The first visit was a checkup about 2 months ago, followed by the actual surgery which lasted no longer than 10 minutes. Being a local surgery, I was conscious throughout the entire surgery, except that a black towel was laid over my face thus my vision was disrupted (I reckon the purpose of the towel was also there to prevent all that blood and gore from splattering over my face). First was the anesthetic needles which tested my endurance of pain, followed some instruments which snipped away my blackies and finally the stitching. I could peep through a little opening from the towel and noticed his busy hands criss crossing the threads with such amazing grace that'll make tailors envy.

Anyways, back to present. The nurse went on ..

"The bad news is your skin cells has grown at such an amazing rate that most of the threads r hidden beneath the skin, so its gonna be tough*. The good news is.. well.. what Iv mentioned earlier about your speedy recovery, but not under such circumstance, ..HAHA"

I guess his definition of tough* meant I had to endure more pain during the stitch removal as i was proven right immediately after.

Now my blackie's gone and its been replaced by a faint scar line which bore a small resemblance to .. gulp, never mind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home