Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Tis a mix bag of feelings today .. more of the bitterness though..

I made my return to camp after a long absence and its nice to see everyone back again, smiling at familiar faces as I strolled along the 2nd storey corridor and exchanging of new year greetings. However bad news immediately precedes ..

"CSM's gonna post out next week"

The posting has long been planned, but few would've thought it'll be so abrupt, thats me included. On one hand I'm sad to see him leave, on the other I'm glad that he's finally spared off these misery.

He's vocation is a combat infantry, but what he does in the brigade is plain Saikang (which I'm not spared of either)..unlike most of his peers. As a combatant soldier who's been enlisted in the army for 20 years, he doesn't deserve to just take care of the admin area when outfield. That includes setting up tables/benches, tents, corn wires, and shitholes. Yes you read it right.. A 40 year old Warrant Officer digging shitholes with his men. Thats what stood him out from the rest of the Cyclops (eye power~) ; Thats what shut me up from complaining about the stuff I do; Thats what earned my respect , and most of his other men who's disappointed to see him leave.

Not forgetting the times when I got fucked by him. Once, at the end of a 3 day outfield I asked for a day off , seeing that he's already given it to his other men.To the least of my expectation, he gave an immediate "NO" followed by a lecture which I'd remembered till now ..

"Do things, Don't expect reward. If I think u deserve it, then I will give it to u."

Now that he's going BMTC, the level of regimentation in schools will definitely suit him more. And he'll gain back his pride and recognition, for giving these enlistees their first taste of national slavery and grooming (..or fucking) them till they they pass out as fine soldiers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home