Friday, January 19, 2007

Night at Oosh

Last night was supposed to be a reunion with my camp mates (all of which have ORDed except for yours sincerely) and also a concurrent mini birthday celebration for me.

These group of mates are what I would like to associate with the word Posh - the kinda money no frills mentality. Take for instance our venue @ Dempsey Road, situated on a piece of old british camp opposite the Botanical Gardens. The nearest bustop is at least 10 minutes drive away. Now known as Tanglin Village, its a chain of wine and dine spots situated beside a golf course. The bar we headed for , call Oosh had a great atmosphere with all the lightings, sofas, glass partitions and did I mention small ponds and fountains.

http://www.tanglinvillage.com.sg/highlights.htm

The crowd mostly consisted of expats and white collared locals of at least 10 years senior to us. The service was sub par as they couldn't remember what each of us ordered and the waitress had problems taking our orders insisting we point at what was witten off the menu. The Band was alright but it was too loud for us to make conversations ; so we left for One Rochester after we're done with dinner.

Anyway back to my point. What was supposed to be a gathering of camp mates felt like work partners in 10-20 years time. Talks of future and investments sounded alien to me, and WenPiao (Ironic, given the position his dad is currently holding) Unlike the typical people of our age.. these mates seemed to have their path all mapped out and the games they play are local blue chip stocks and US auctions ,whatever that is..

Not that I favored hanging out with such people, it was pretty stressful in fact, given that I'm a total newbie in such field, and the food and beverage punched a hole in my wallet. What proved beneficial was that it served as a reminder how much I've lagged behind them and its about time I start doing somethin useful..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home