Saturday, December 09, 2006

Wallaby AAR

By now most friends been asking me how the exercise went - TH's asking me to "blog blog blog". Now thinkin back, there's isn't really much thats worth a mention, cus you won't know fully unless u experience it for urself. What did drew us to exhaustion was the climate factor, the irregular sleep times, a whole load of rubbish work and the the duration of the exercise especially..

10 days of friggin outfield with limited variations in the fresh ration. The temp can go as high as 34 degs in the day and drop to sub 15 in the wee hours of the morning. Socks alone ain't enough to warm my feet.. I had to wear boots to sleep. Very dusty such that ur hair will turn completely grey after an hrs ride in a tonner, thanks to the drought. The sunset looked mesmerizing and soon the sky's glazed with stars and the moon appeared closer than ever.

Tonnes of stalls to carry around - corn wires, tents, tables/benches, safari beds and 155 weapons under the armskote's care.. I'm the 2IC, plus loads more saikang. Tempers were flared, a few occurrence of injuries - includin my sprained ankle, and an incident of lost weapon which was luckily found. Else god knows we'll still be there searching at this point of time.

R & R was short but fun. There was this mini zoo where I got a first hand encounter feedin a kangaroo and some koalas. In fact I've spotted lotsa more of these stoned faced oversized rodents in the outfield bushes. There it was followed by lotsa shopping, lotsa chips and sodas and meat in our meals.

The locals r friendly except for the late night city dwellers who thinks we're Japanese. Half the girls there are bigger sized than I, but unlike asians, they smile and greet strangers like its a routine. You look at a girl there they'll return you a big wide smile. The attractive ones have great assets and they ain't afriad to flaunt them. .. And the locals r obsessed with the word "Mate".

All in all, I'v gained new experience, new friends , suffered lots and I'm just glad its over. I'v done lotsa reflection and realised how much time Iv wasted, but well, better late than never.

Ex. Wallaby ? Been there, done that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home