Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006 !



Ah.. its the time of the year. The celebration for a grand sending off for 2006 and we get ready to kickstart the year ahead (hopefully to keep sober and not puke all over sio's residence) with zest. Its also a time where I for one, sit back and reflect upon the major events that took place, especially on the events that changed my life.

Its funny, how things turn out. Cos on this day exactly a year ago, I didn't really expect much to happen in 2006 - simply so because I'm in the Army and any stereotype would agree that its this period where your life, your social circle becomes dull and stagnant.. so on so forth.

Who would've guessed I'd managed to shed all the the extra pounds (not inclusive of skin, sadly), ran a half marathon and achieved a physical award. To a greater extend, I was even referred to as a "Bimbo" and "Vainpot" for shedding that previous underdressed image of mine, and (subconsciously) spending more time in front of the mirror. Hell, I even did my first Facial yesterday at The Cathay (..with Quek !)

Neither did I expect to conclude that my time in Army ain't to shabby after all. I didn't have to suffer the fate like most servicemen of compulsory staying in. I had lotsa space and flexibility and I flew to 2 countries in a span of 3 months.

Not forgetting the events.. Its the year where TH and Quek re-ignites their mugging fuel. The year where's Sio departs to the Land of the Free. The year of major events and milestones - World Cup 06, The General Elections, the damned haze, my P4-computer's death and Saddam's execution. I've also quit smoking since, at least for the longest stretch of period I could remember .

Last but not least, the People around that made an influence on me, for I couldn';t have done it on my own. Thanks to my CSM, I've got a new lease of life in camp. Even more gratitude to you, Geraldine.. for your presence and inspirations..

As for the new challenges in 2007 ?
Just Bring It

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home