Wednesday, November 15, 2006

IPPT v2.0

Back in May this year, the guy in charge of submitting IPPT results asked:

"So you want me to submit your (silver) results ?"

"yea of coz"

"Don't wanna aim for Gold ?"

"you siao ar ..?"

***

~fast forward to a week ago~

I had a pause for thought when CSM wanted to conduct IPPT for the NS regulars. For some reasons, I volunteered myself and straight away I was aiming for gold. Anything less would be a failure. Though I must admit, I had no absolut thought for doing so prior to this, cos all that was in my head was wallaby, wallaby and ORD - unlike IPPT v1.0 where I had a month to prepare, which I did live to exceed my OC's expectations.

And so, I spammed myself with fast distanced runs over the weekend, chin ups and interval trainings (run 1 rd, rest 2~3mins, run 2nd rd and so on) ...

Sit up - 5pts
SBJ - 5 pts
Shuttle run - 5pts
Chin up - 4 pts (managed 11, the extra one was to satisfy my csm, upon request)
2.4km - 5 pts (10.13mins.. 28 secs off the cut)
..no wings, no miracles, no excuses
..only sheer disappointment

My S2 Maj congratulated me commenting I had good stamina (judging by my size, i guess) which he lost to me by 3 secs. But instead it was he, who gained my admiration. He's over 40 years old, and secured Gold with full 25 pts.

I'm alright now, cos thinking back I did put in my best for the run; and made some vast improvements over the year. But I'm Not done yet. As my PC in BMT used to say: "Live to fight another day"

***
.. I was so shagged out that I left the office w/o the Hp and wallet

Tomorrow's my last day in camp before flying off to aussie land ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home