Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ex. Giant "Wayang"

I'm Back !

5 Days 4 sleepless nights of saikang
- fixing/removing of road signs
- setting up/tearing down/relocation of tents
- construction/destruction of triple corn wires
- RP duty
- camouflaging of shitholes using camo nets..(lucky i didn't have to dig and cover them up)
.. and constantly bugged by boredom

Constant alternation of weather -- blazin sunlight, thunderstorm, or a bit of both
..on unleveled gravel ground surrounded by dense vegetation
heavily infested by mosquitos, sandflies and all forms of creepy crawlies

I smoked, drink, eat, nap, saikang, smoke more, drink more, eat more. and thats it.
Oh and best of all, I lost my handphone , so does all my picture and media files and contacts in the sim card..

But it ain't all bad ..

I met TH for the 1st time in uniform (after his CO threatened him to pay me a visit, with extras)

..and this cute blonde waved and saluted me in a cab while our vehicles stopped at the traffic lights. made me doubt my dress sense.. perhaps do look better in camo face + long 4 .. ?? but heck, it did gave me a jolt of morale boost. haha !

A young witty lookin half-colonel approached me while I was guarding the gate with my buddy.. and I remembered the conversation went like ..

"...how old r u guys ?.. whats ur highest paper qualification? "

"Sir, Im going NTU engineering and that guy's a NUS business undergrade disruptee"

"and you guys are made to stand here checking people for access password ?"

and he went on ..

"You guys should be in the Command Post to facilitate your commanders in the planning .. "

Ya right .. plan my ass, bet you didn't realise even the men and sgts in there are doing saikang too. They prepare and maintain all the computers and communication, collect data on the battle stats , and reports them to the commanders. The commanders makes decision and instructions are passed down to the men to do more saikang. Then they walk out to of the CP and gets food and drinks all nicely prepared in the shelter, inspects the triple corn wires just so it looks "nice" when the chief of army and VIPs arrive later on. Oh and nicely covered shitholes for relief purposes.

At the end of the day, these pacifier suckers gets the credits, rises higher in ranks and shoots more arrows down to the lower ranked. Hell, our CO even makes his runner make noodles and tea while everyone else eats combat ration.

Makes me doubt their ability, are these the people who deserves the right to lead battlions of men .. Would you wanna risk your life in times of war under their command ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home